Wednesday, February 15, 2012

About communication

What do you expect to learn from this pod-casting project? (List as much as possible.)

I think it would be interesting to learn how Asian foods are cooked. I am Korean but I have always like Japanese food more than Korean food, thinking it is more sanitary, or good looking. My mother was used to be mad at me for this. But by introducing how to cook Kimbop, which is kind of derivative of Japanese food sushi, I think I would be able to appreciate value of Korean foods. Also, introduction of Kimbop and bubble team which I drank everyday when I went to China, would make those who are unfamiliar with Asian food, more close to the culture.

What does "communication" mean to you?

I think communication is conveying of my idea and receiving someone's idea at the same time. We cannot focus on only what I want to say. We have to care for the "partner" to have real communication!

2 comments:

  1. Why does Japanese food seem more sanitary than Korean food? They both commonly use fermented, dried, fragrant, slimy, and/or sticky ingredients...

    It is interesting that you say caring is a prerequisite for good communication. It is hard to come up with a counter example but I would say that in cases where there is threat or benefit involved for both parties caring is not required. (such as guards ordering around prisoners)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried kimbop and I would be very interested to know more about this food. As a Chinese, I am fan of Asian food and I like both Japanese and Korean food. I like bibimbap and BBQ beef.

    I agree with your idea about communication. Often, people forget to listen and only focus on trying to convince other people. True communication must be a two-way street.

    ReplyDelete